Hydrating Watermelon Salad Recipe
This is such a perfect summer salad, wonderfully hydrating, thanks to possibly two of the most water-rich foods on the planet – watermelon and cucumber. I love the beautiful colour contrast between red and green but I’m aware that, despite supermarkets seemingly catering for our every need all year round, watermelon still tends to be fairly seasonal. If you can, look for the seeded sort. Honeydew or cantaloupe melon would work well as an alternative when watermelon is not available.
- 1/2 watermelon, cut into triangles
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 50g pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon manuka honey
- Handful of mint leaves, chopped
- Black pepper
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Mix the watermelon, red onion, cucumber and olives together in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, lime juice and manuka honey.
- Stir in the chopped mint leaves and add afew twists of black pepper and a pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
With a pH level of 9.0 and containing 92 per cent water, watermelon is incredibly alkaline. Besides being extremely delicious, the fruit quenches our thirst as well as boosting the body with antioxidant lycopene and vitamin A.
More from Radiant:
- Super-Seed Quinoa Loaf Recipe
- Pineapple Mint Mojito Recipe
- Scar-Reduction Combination Recipe
- Soothing Scalp Solution Recipe
Thanksgiving Spices and Seasonings
Learn how to get the full flavor of holiday baking without investing in 10 new jars of herbs or spices.
Pumpkin and Apple Tart Recipe
Make a pumpkin and apple tart recipe to enjoy this Fall.
Fall Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe
Support your body’s detoxification this fall after holiday overindulgences with this medicinal soup.