Photo from Adobe Stock/boyloso
Skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and eczema can leave visible scars even after clearing. I likened my psoriasis scars to little Dalmatian spots all over my body. Although not all scars and stretch marks will completely heal, you can certainly make visible improvements by using the right combination of essential oils.
For scar reduction, rosehip oil remains my favourite carrier oil. It can lighten scarring, reduce wrinkles, regenerate skin and help the skin regain its natural tone and colour. Combined with frankincense oil, it not only smells heavenly, but the frankincense also promotes cell regeneration and reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars. Calendula oil is a common ingredient in skin treatments because it has wound-healing, antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. In combination with other healing ingredients calendula ointment has been shown to effectively treat and heal scar tissue. I include lavender to lessen pain and itching and promote rapid healing.
Graphic from Adobe Stock/logo3in1
- 125ml rosehip oil
- 20 drops frankincense oil
- 10 drops calendula oil
- 10 drops lavender oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a dark glass bottle and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
- Apply to your skin with clean fingers, and blot with a tissue if required to remove excess oil.
- Use a few drops of oil gently to massage cleansed face, neck and décolletage or on tummy stretch marks or body scars. Apply morning and night.
More from Radiant:
- Super-Seed Quinoa Loaf Recipe
- Hydrating Watermelon Salad Recipe
- Pineapple Mint Mojito Recipe
- Soothing Scalp Solution Recipe