- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Chai Cashew Butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter, for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 200°F, and preheat a heavy skillet over medium heat on the stove.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, allspice, and salt. Stir and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, Chai Cashew Butter, milk, melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until completely smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing until just incorporated.
- Drop 1/8 cup of batter at a time into a hot buttered pan. Cook for 2 minutes before flipping. Cook another 2 minutes on the second side.
- Transfer cooked pancakes into the oven to keep warm while you continue to cook.
- Cook all the batter into golden pancakes, and serve with hot maple syrup.
More from Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them:
• Creamy Rosemary Cashew Butter
• Baked Chicken with Savory Rosemary Cashew Butter
Reprinted with permission from Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them by Mary Loudermilk, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photos by Mary Loudermilk
Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them(Sterling Publishing, 2015), by Mary Loudermilk, brings light to a whole new world of nut butters. Loudermilk adds unique ingredients for a new twist on the butters. Step outside of the box and try Bacon Pistachio Butter or stay closer to the classics with Chocolate Almond Butter. Find this excerpt in “The Recipes.”