Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them (Sterling Publishing, 2015), by Mary Loudermilk, brings light to a whole new world of nut butters. Loudermilk adds unique ingredients for a new twist on the butters. Step outside of the box and try Bacon Pistachio Butter or stay closer to the classics with Chocolate Almond Butter. Find this excerpt in “The Recipes.”
• 2 fresh (not frozen) chicken breasts
• 1/4 cup Rosemary Cashew Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the olive oil on the foil.
3. Place the chicken breasts on the foil, then spread a thin layer of the Rosemary Cashew Butter on the top of each chicken breast.
4. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.Sweet Chai Cashew Butter
• Spiced Chai Cashew Butter Pancakes
Reprinted with permission from Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them by Mary Loudermilk, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photos by Mary Loudermilk