Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them(Sterling, 2015), by Mary Loudermilk, brings light to a whole new world of nut butters. Loudermilk adds unique ingredients for a new twist on the butters. Step outside the box and try Bacon Pistachio Butter or closer to the classics with Chocolate Almond Butter. Find this excerpt in “The Butters.”
• 3 large sprigs fresh rosemary
• Salt, to taste
1. Process the nuts in your food processor for 5 – 10 minutes, or until completely smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula as necessary.
2. Remove the rosemary leaves from the wooden stems, and add to the processor.
3. Process for 2 minutes more, or until smooth.
4. Add salt as needed for taste.
Use this butter in Rosemary Cashew Butter Chicken
More from Nut Butters:
Reprinted with permission from Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them by Mary Loudermilk, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photos by Mary Loudermilk