Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them (Sterling Publishing, 2015), by Mary Loudermilk, brings light to a whole new world of nut butters. Loudermilk adds unique ingredients for a new twist on the butters. Step outside the box and try Bacon Pistachio Butter or closer to the classics with Chocolate Almond Butter. Find this excerpt in “The Butters.”
• 2 cups cashews
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus additional for taste
1. Process the nuts in your food processor for 5 – 10 minutes, or until completely smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula as necessary.
2. Add all spices, and blend until smooth.
3. Add more salt as needed for taste.
Use this butter in Chai Cashew Pancakes
Reprinted with permission from Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them by Mary Loudermilk, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photos by Mary Loudermilk