Sea Buckthorn Berry Cashew Power Balls Recipe
Try this easy, no-bake recipe for a protein-packed, vitamin-rich snack after school or work, or to take along while hiking. Yield: 12 to 15 snacks.
- 1 cup pitted dates or packaged pureed dates
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted or raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons sea buckthorn berry juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried sea buckthorn berries
- If the dates aren’t already pureed, pulse them in a food processor until they’re smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and process until blended.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into 1- to 2-inch balls.
- They can be enjoyed right away, or stored in the refrigerator or freezer until needed.
Find Out More:
- Sea Buckthorn Berry Muffins
- Sea Buckthorn Berry, Apple, and Mint Drink
- Quinoa Salad with Sea Buckthorn Berry Dressing
- Sea Buckthorn Berry and Mango Salsa Recipe
- Cooking With Sea Buckthorn Berries
Sheryl Normandeau is a Master Gardener and writer from Calgary, Alberta. She grows mostly vegetables, but also plants perennial flowers, and always has a few projects in the works. Read more about her pursuits at Flowery Prose.
Recipe for Thanksgiving Leftovers: Turkey Tetrazzini
There are a lot of leftovers the day after Thanksgiving. Check out the Lemon Verbena Lady’s favorite recipe for turkey leftovers.
Thanksgiving Spices and Seasonings
Learn how to get the full flavor of holiday baking without investing in 10 new jars of herbs or spices.
Pumpkin and Apple Tart Recipe
Make a pumpkin and apple tart recipe to enjoy this Fall.