Sea Buckthorn Berry, Apple, and Mint Drink
Photo by Getty Images/Roxiller
Relax on the patio with a cold and refreshing fruity beverage — and use up some of the mint in your garden as well! Yield: 1 cup.
- 1/4 cup sea buckthorn berry juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup Mint Syrup, chilled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice, chilled
- Place all ingredients in a glass over crushed ice, and stir to combine.
- Taste, and add more mint syrup, if desired.
Yield: About 3 cups.
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, washed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-1/4 cups sugar or honey
- In a large bowl, combine mint leaves and lemon juice. Crush the mixture using a pestle. Add sugar, and continue crushing and mixing until the leaves begin to break down.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, pour 2-1/2 cups boiling water over the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, then pour into sterilized bottles, and seal.
- Syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Find Out More:
- Sea Buckthorn Berry Muffins
- Sea Buckthorn Berry Cashew Power Balls
- Quinoa Salad with Sea Buckthorn Berry Dressing
- Sea Buckthorn Berry and Mango Salsa Recipe
- Cooking With Sea Buckthorn Berries
Sheryl Normandeau is a Master Gardener and writer from Calgary, Alberta. She grows mostly vegetables, but also plants perennial flowers, and always has a few projects in the works. Read more about her pursuits at Flowery Prose.
Natural Caramel Apple Recipe
This scrumptious, all-natural caramel apple recipe gives you a healthy Halloween option your taste buds will love.
Stay hydrated this season with refreshing summer drinks.
Monitor your histamine intake with these simple, healthy dishes that pack plenty of palate-pleasing flavor.