Sea Buckthorn Berry, Apple, and Mint Drink
Photo by Getty Images/Roxiller
Relax on the patio with a cold and refreshing fruity beverage — and use up some of the mint in your garden as well! Yield: 1 cup.
- 1/4 cup sea buckthorn berry juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup Mint Syrup, chilled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice, chilled
- Place all ingredients in a glass over crushed ice, and stir to combine.
- Taste, and add more mint syrup, if desired.
Yield: About 3 cups.
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, washed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-1/4 cups sugar or honey
- In a large bowl, combine mint leaves and lemon juice. Crush the mixture using a pestle. Add sugar, and continue crushing and mixing until the leaves begin to break down.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, pour 2-1/2 cups boiling water over the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, then pour into sterilized bottles, and seal.
- Syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Find Out More:
- Sea Buckthorn Berry Muffins
- Sea Buckthorn Berry Cashew Power Balls
- Quinoa Salad with Sea Buckthorn Berry Dressing
- Sea Buckthorn Berry and Mango Salsa Recipe
- Cooking With Sea Buckthorn Berries
Sheryl Normandeau is a Master Gardener and writer from Calgary, Alberta. She grows mostly vegetables, but also plants perennial flowers, and always has a few projects in the works. Read more about her pursuits at Flowery Prose.
Recipe for Thanksgiving Leftovers: Turkey Tetrazzini
There are a lot of leftovers the day after Thanksgiving. Check out the Lemon Verbena Lady’s favorite recipe for turkey leftovers.
Thanksgiving Spices and Seasonings
Learn how to get the full flavor of holiday baking without investing in 10 new jars of herbs or spices.
Pumpkin and Apple Tart Recipe
Make a pumpkin and apple tart recipe to enjoy this Fall.