- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 6 spring onions or scallions (white bulbs and most of green)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mixed herbs (parsley, mint, chives)
- 2 handfuls of pomegranate seeds
- lemon juice
- Put the quinoa, 1-1/5 cups water and a pinch of salt in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15–20 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking, finely slice the chicken and place in a frying pan with a little oil and seasoning. Finely slice the spring onions and add to the pan. Fry over medium-high heat for 7–10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Combine the quinoa, chicken and spring onions in a bowl. Cool.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes. Peel the carrots and slice into ribbons with a peeler. Add the tomatoes and carrots to the bowl, then mix through the herbs and pomegranate seeds. Season to taste with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- To pack: Spoon into two lunchboxes. More from Lunchbox Salads:
- 3 Zucchini Noodle Jar Recipes
- Goat Cheese and Hummus Toast Recipe
- Sweet Potato & Red Lentil Cakes Recipe
Excerpted from Lunchbox Salads: More than 100 Fast, Fresh Filling Salads for Every Weekday by Naomi Twigden and Anna Pinder.
Create a delicious and healthy chicken salad recipe in a jar with vegetables, fruit, and quinoa for an on-the-go lunch.