Pack toast for lunch to go, using goat cheese and beetroot hummus as a delicious and healthy spread. Sprinkle with mixed seeds. Try it with smoked salmon for more flavor.
- 1 lemon
- 2–3 oz. soft goat cheese
- 20 fresh chives
- 2 slices rye bread
- 2 portions of Beetroot Hummus
- 2-1/2cups arugula
- 1/3 cup mixed seeds
- Zest the lemon into a bowl and add the goat cheese. Finely chop the chives and add. Mix well.
- Toast the rye bread. Cut each slice into quarters.
- To pack: Wrap/pack all the elements separately in the lunchboxes. To eat, top half of the toasts with goat cheese and the rest with beetroot hummus. Serve with the arugula and seeds.
Pack some smoked salmon too, and pile onto the goat cheese toasts before eating.
More from Lunchbox Salads:
- 3 Zucchini Noodle Jar Recipes
- Chicken Salad with Carrot and Pomegranate Tabbouleh Recipe
- Sweet Potato & Red Lentil Cakes Recipe
Excerpted from Lunchbox Salads: More than 100 Fast, Fresh Filling Salads for Every Weekday by Naomi Twigden and Anna Pinder.