Bluberry-Chia Muffins Recipe | Mother Earth Living
By Julie Morris
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1-3/4 cups spelt flour, or gluten-free baking blend
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 tbsp chia seeds, divided
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 7 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and 2 table-spoons plus 2 teaspoons chia seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt coconut oil until fully liquefied. Turn off the heat; add almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract; and whisk well. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in berries, just enough to incorporate. (Don’t over-mix, or the berry juice will leech into the dough.)
- The dough will begin to solidify because of the coconut oil hardening, so, working quickly, spoon the batter equally into the 12 prepared muffin cups, pressing lightly into shape if needed. Sprinkle muffin tops with the remaining chia seeds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops begin to turn golden-brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin. Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Once fully cool, muffins may be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More on snacks to combat brain fog:
- Matcha Granola Recipe
- Snacks to Combat Brain Fog
- Spiced Turmeric Latte Recipe
- Cauliflower Flax Crackers Recipe
Classic Fire Cider Recipe
Activate your immune system with pungent spices and aromatics of Fire Cider recipe to rid your body of unwanted toxins.
Recipe for Thanksgiving Leftovers: Turkey Tetrazzini
There are a lot of leftovers the day after Thanksgiving. Check out the Lemon Verbena Lady’s favorite recipe for turkey leftovers.
Thanksgiving Spices and Seasonings
Learn how to get the full flavor of holiday baking without investing in 10 new jars of herbs or spices.