Keep a close watch at the end of cooking to avoid burning!
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed powder
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and position a rack in the center. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse chopped cauliflower florets in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Spread the cauliflower onto the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, tossing it halfway through cooking time and then smoothing it back out. Remove the cauliflower from the heat, but leave the oven on.
- Transfer the hot cauliflower to a food processor, and add tahini and flaxseed powder. Process until smooth. Add coconut flour, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder, and process until a dough forms. (Dough should be moist and malleable, but not sticky — add additional coconut flour if needed.)
- Line a flat surface with a piece of parchment the size of your baking pan, and coat lightly with oil. Form the dough into a compact brick, and place it in the center of the parchment. Cover the top with a piece of plastic wrap the same size as the parchment, and use a rolling dowel to flatten it out into a very thin layer, about 1⁄8 inch thick. (The dough should cover almost the entire surface of the parchment.)
- Remove the plastic, and place the parchment with the dough onto a baking sheet. Cut the crackers into 1- or 2-inch squares using a knife or pizza cutter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then carefully flip the crackers over. Continue to bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the crackers are golden, pulling out any crackers that begin to brown early. Let cool to room temperature before enjoying. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
More on snacks to combat brain fog:
- Blueberry-Chia Muffins Recipe
- Matcha Granola Recipe
- Snacks to Combat Brain Fog
- Spiced Turmeric Latte Recipe