Photo by Getty/ShellBRoyster
With a couple of ingredient switches, it's easy to create tasty dairy-free mashed potatoes.
4 servings SERVINGS
- 1-1/2 pounds russet or ‘Yukon Gold’ potatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons organic butter-flavored coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut them into equal-sized pieces.
- Add potatoes to the boiling water. Boil for about 30 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the potatoes with a fork (time will vary depending on the size of the potato pieces).
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Add vegetable broth, minced garlic, oil, salt, and pepper to the potatoes.
- Mash until smooth and creamy.
For more allergy-friendly recipes, see:
- Allergy-Friendly Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding Recipe
- Allergy-Friendly Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe
- Allergy-Friendly Corn Muffins Recipe
To learn more about how to host guests with food restrictions for the holidays (or any day), check out How to Host Guests with Food Restrictions.
Nadia Neumann is a nutritional therapy practitioner, author, and founder of Body Unburdened, where she helps readers adopt a holistically healthy lifestyle rooted in real food, natural beauty, and a healthy home by making it as simple as can be.
Mashed potatoes are an absolute must-have for every holiday menu!