Surprise your guests with this delicious yet healthy treat!
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk, liquid*
- 1 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons organic pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- Whipped Coconut Cream for topping (optional)
* To melt solid coconut milk, place the unopened can in a bowl of hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Give the can a shake before opening it to make sure it’s melted.
Combine the coconut milk, pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice, and maple syrup in a medium mixing bowl or large canning jar. Mix, or secure the lid on the jar and give it a good shake.
Add the chia seeds, and mix or shake again.
Place the pudding in the refrigerator to set for at least 10 minutes before giving it another mix, because it takes a few minutes for chia seeds to absorb liquid and gel.
Let the pudding chill in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes before serving. Top with Whipped Coconut Cream, if desired.
For more allergy-friendly recipes, see:
- Allergy-Friendly Whipped Coconut Cream Recipe
- Allergy-Friendly Corn Muffins Recipe
- Allergy-Friendly Mashed Potatoes Recipe
To learn more about how to host guests with food restrictions for the holidays (or any day), check out How to Host Guests with Food Restrictions.
Nadia Neumann is a nutritional therapy practitioner, author, and founder of Body Unburdened, where she helps readers adopt a holistically healthy lifestyle rooted in real food, natural beauty, and a healthy home by making it as simple as can be.