This whipped cream alternative is light and fluffy, just like you'd expect, and the maple syrup lends a seasonal touch.
- One 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk, chilled in refrigerator at least 12 hours
- 1-1/2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Chill your mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before making your whipped coconut cream.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop the thick, hardened coconut cream into your chilled mixing bowl. Discard the liquid coconut water from the can.
- Using a whisk or electric hand mixer, firmly whisk the coconut cream for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add the honey or maple syrup and vanilla extract, and whisk for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The cream will harden in the fridge — simply whisk it for another minute before serving.
For more allergy-friendly recipes, see:
- Allergy-Friendly Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding Recipe
- Allergy-Friendly Corn Muffins Recipe
- Allergy-Friendly Mashed Potatoes Recipe
To learn more about how to host guests with food restrictions for the holidays (or any day), check out How to Host Guests with Food Restrictions.
Nadia Neumann is a nutritional therapy practitioner, author, and founder of Body Unburdened, where she helps readers adopt a holistically healthy lifestyle rooted in real food, natural beauty, and a healthy home by making it as simple as can be.