Makes 4 ounces
This rich cream is an excellent deep moisturizing treatment for summer-ravaged feet. If you suffer from cracked feet or heels, massage some of this rich cream into your feet before going to bed at night.
- ½ cup light sesame or almond oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2 tablespoons grated beeswax
- 3 to 4 drops essential oil of lavender(optional)
- ¼ cup distilled water
- Mix together the oils and beeswax, and heat slowly in the microwave or double boiler until the wax is completely melted but not boiling. Heat water just until it starts to boil (1 minute in the microwave).
- Slowly add the hot water to the oil mixture in a thin, even stream, stirring constantly. (You can use a blender for this step.) Pour the cream into a clean container and allow to cool completely. The cream thickens as it cools and may need one more final stirring before use. Massage into clean feet.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty from the Garden (Henry Holt, 1999).
Click here for the original article, Pamper Your Peds.