1. Start by laying flat on your back on the floor with your arms by your sides and legs stretched out next to each other. Raise your legs until they are pointing straight at the ceiling with your feet flexed.
2. Slowly lower your legs towards the floor ensuring that your core is engaged.
3. Lower them until they are just above the ground and repeat.
Alternating leg raises
1. Lie on your back on the floor and raise your legs until they are perpendicular to the floor.
2. Keeping your right leg still, lower your left leg until your heel touches the floor. Pause and then return the leg to the starting position. Repeat with the opposite leg.
1. Start by laying flat on your back, arms stretched out to the sides and your legs straight up in the air.
2. Roll your legs to one side keeping your abs tight and back straight. Hold for 2 seconds, then return to center.
3. Roll your legs to the opposite side and back to center to complete one rep.
More from Beat Your Bloat:
Cover courtesy of Kyle Books
Excerpted with permission from Beat Your Bloat: Recipes and Exercises to Promote Digestive Health by Maeve Madden (Kyle Books, 2019)