Photo by Getty Images/tvirbickis
Feel free to adapt this recipe by adding a variety of nuts, such as almonds, cashews, or walnuts, any of which will increase your magnesium intake. This salad contains about 40 percent of the RDA for magnesium.
Yield: 1 serving.
- 2 tablespoons Creamy Cilantro Pepita Dressing
- 2 cups chopped ‘Lacinato’ kale
- 1 cup sweet pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄3 avocado, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup edamame
- Add dressing to kale, working it into the leaves. Let sit for about 5 to 10 minutes while preparing pepper and avocado.
- Toss the massaged kale with peppers and edamame. Gently fold in the avocado, and enjoy!
Aimee Gallo is a functional nutritionist and certified personal trainer. She’s had a passion for nutrition for over 20 years. Aimee works with clients all over the country. Visit her website at Vibrance Nutrition.