This formula is ideal for foot care. Sage can help stop perspiration and fight infections, including athlete’s foot. Spearmint increases circulation and relieves tired feet. Calendula soothes irritated skin, birch relieves soreness and both herbs soften rough, callused skin. The beeswax thickens the massage oil slightly so it’s easier to use and less messy to rub on feet.
cup chopped sage leaves
cup calendula flower petals
- 3 tablespoons chopped spearmint leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- Up to 16 drops birch essential oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon shaved beeswax
- Place herbs in a jar and cover completely with oil. Stir, close the jar and keep warm for a couple of days.
- Strain out the herbs. Place the oil in a pan on the stove, add the birch essential oil (if desired) and the beeswax. Heat gently until the beeswax has melted. Stir to blend.
- Pour the oil into a pretty bottle and store in a cool place.
Kathi Keville is director of the
American Herb Association
and author of 12 books, including Aromatherapy for Dummies (IDG, 1999) and Herbs: An Illustrated Encyclopedia (Friedman/Fairfax Publishing, 1999).
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: Recipe for Relaxation.