- 2 cups cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus additional for taste
- Process the nuts in your food processor for 5 – 10 minutes, or until completely smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula as necessary.
2. Add all spices, and blend until smooth.
3. Add more salt as needed for taste. Use this butter in Chai Cashew Pancakes More from Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them: • Creamy Rosemary Cashew Butter
• Baked Chicken with Savory Rosemary Cashew Butter
Reprinted with permission from Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them by Mary Loudermilk, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photos by Mary Loudermilk
Nut Butters: 30 Nut Butter Recipes and Creative Ways to Use Them (Sterling Publishing, 2015), by Mary Loudermilk, brings light to a whole new world of nut butters. Loudermilk adds unique ingredients for a new twist on the butters. Step outside the box and try Bacon Pistachio Butter or closer to the classics with Chocolate Almond Butter. Find this excerpt in “The Butters.”