Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup light-colored, raw honey
- 1/3 cup dried lavender, or about 1 cup fresh
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, strained
- Ice, for serving
- Warm the water and honey in a pot over medium-high heat until the honey dissolves.
- Gently crush the lavender with a mortar and pestle or in a bowl with a meat tenderizer. Add the crushed herb to the pot, then remove pot from heat.
- Cover, refrigerate, and steep for 2 hours.
- Strain liquid through a fine mesh sieve. Stir in the lemon juice and serve over ice.
For more about homemade herbal drinks, see:• Herbal Beverages from Your Summer Garden • Garden-Fresh Gin and Tonic
Reprinted with permission from Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain Celebrations: A Year of Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes for Every Occasion, © 2016. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Danielle is also the author of the blog Against All Grain.
A mild, light honey sweetens this lavender-infused lemonade, creating a refreshing drink for your summer gatherings. Make it ahead, and store it in a covered pitcher in the fridge for up to 1 week.