Iced Hot-and-Spicy Lemon Drink Recipe
By Bevin Clare
Photo by Getty Images/Botina Inna
Drink this chilled, spicy drink for an invigorating kick! You can even try adding a bit of fire cider for a spicy, tangy flavor. Store for up to a week in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 pitcher.
- 1 large piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh chili pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 4 large lemons
- Maple syrup, to taste
- In a large pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and add the ginger. Simmer, partially covered, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the chili pepper, stir well, and cover. Leave out for a few hours, or cool overnight.
- Strain into a pitcher, and discard strained ingredients. Add the lemon juice and maple syrup, and stir. Serve over ice.
For more Spicy-Hot Detoxing:
- Do a Spicy-Hot Detox
- Ginger-Chili-Lime Chopped Vegetable and Chicken Salad Recipe
- Spicy Chai Tea Recipe
- Classic Fire Cider Recipe
- Lemon-Garlic Harissa Recipe
- Black Pepper and Ginger Sauce Recipe
Bevin Clare, M.S., R.H., CNS, is a clinical herbalist and nutritionist with a deep love for plants. She holds a master’s degree in infectious disease, and serves as president of the American Herbalists Guild.
Natural Caramel Apple Recipe
This scrumptious, all-natural caramel apple recipe gives you a healthy Halloween option your taste buds will love.
Stay hydrated this season with refreshing summer drinks.
Monitor your histamine intake with these simple, healthy dishes that pack plenty of palate-pleasing flavor.