Photo by MargouillatPhotos
This delicious condiment packs spicy, creamy, and tangy flavors all in one. You can use it as a dip or as a sauce. It’s perfect for dipping veggies or drizzling over couscous, lentil soup, or a vegetable salad. Yield: 1 cup.
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt (can be non-dairy)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon harissa, or to taste
Blend yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and harissa. Stir well. Store in a clean, sealed container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
For more Spicy-Hot Detoxing:
- Do a Spicy-Hot Detox
- Ginger-Chili-Lime Chopped Vegetable and Chicken Salad Recipe
- Spicy Chai Tea Recipe
- Classic Fire Cider Recipe
- Iced Hot-and-Spicy Lemon Drink
- Black Pepper and Ginger Sauce Recipe
Bevin Clare, M.S., R.H., CNS, is a clinical herbalist and nutritionist with a deep love for plants. She holds a master’s degree in infectious disease, and serves as president of the American Herbalists Guild.