- 2 large bunches young spinach (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper (or substitute black pepper)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and minced
- Rinse spinach, trim tough stems, then coarsely chop. Add spinach to a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Cook over medium-low heat, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Drain wilted spinach in a colander, pressing to remove excess liquid. Return pot to stove, add butter, and melt over low heat. Toss in spinach. Stir in salt, pepper and minced egg, then serve. Find more great healthy breakfast recipes in Delicious & Quick Morning Meals.
Did you know fat makes vegetables more nutritious? Vegetables’ antioxidants and vitamins become more available to our bodies when we eat them with fats. Try butter in collards, bacon fat with root vegetables, and olive oil with tomatoes. Here, tender spinach is buttery enough to be delectable even for greens haters. Eggs round out a full breakfast.