Photo by Susan Bell
Bright and punchy with the tiniest hint of alcohol in the Angostura, this is a grown-up soft drink with no added sugar. It makes a good lunchtime drink and, while everyone else knocks back the alcohol, you can sip this with a smug smile as you won’t be falling asleep in the afternoon.
Per serving: 8g carbs, 0g protein, 0g fat, 0g fibre, 9kcal.
- 1 orange slice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- few drops of Angostura bitters
- a few ice cubes
- 1 small bottle soda water or 250ml (9fl oz) sparkling water
Put the orange slice, juice and Angostura bitters into a large glass with a few ice cubes. Top up with soda water and serve straight away.
More from The Diabetes Weight-Loss Cookbook:
- Flammekueche Recipe
- Lime Soda Recipe
- Scandi Seeded Crackers with Avocado & Yogurt Dip Recipe
- Zuchinni Fetta, Labneh & Dukkah Recipe
Cover courtesy of Kyle Books
Excerpted with permission from The Diabetes Weight-Loss Cookbook by Katie and Giancarlo Caldesi. Published by Kyle Books, 2019.