Photo by Getty Images/voloshin311
While travelling around India, we loved to order this refreshing drink. Now we make it at home in large wine glasses with plenty of ice. A long slice of cucumber is also good dropped in. Add 50ml (2fl oz) of gin, rum or vodka to the mix for lime soda with a kick.
Per serving with gin: 0g carbs, 0g protein, 0g fat, 0g fibre, 117kcal.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small bottle soda water or 250ml (9fl oz) sparkling water
- 1 lime wedge
Pour the lime juice into a glass over a handful of ice (if using), add a pinch of salt and top up with soda water. Wipe the lime wedge around the rim of the glass and drop it inside before serving.
More from The Diabetes Weight-Loss Cookbook:
- Angostura Orange Soft Drink Recipe
- Flammekueche Recipe
- Scandi Seeded Crackers with Avocado & Yogurt Dip Recipe
- Zuchinni Fetta, Labneh & Dukkah Recipe
Cover courtesy of Kyle Books
Excerpted with permission from The Diabetes Weight-Loss Cookbook by Katie and Giancarlo Caldesi. Published by Kyle Books, 2019.