Skin That Loves Summer: Baby-Your-Body Powder
By Mindy Green
MAKES 1/2 CUP
Summer weather can also be steamy and sweaty–provoking just as much discomfort as a hot, dry wind. Can you conjure up an image more indulgent than dusting your just-bathed body with a big fluffy puff of fragrant, soothing body powder that’s fresh-smelling and silky to the touch? The powder below is made without talc, a substance that can be harmful if inhaled. It’s safe for use anywhere, even for babies.
• 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon fine white clay
• 7 drops lavender essential oil
• 3 drops German chamomile essential oil
1. Mix all the ingredients well; put through a strainer to distribute the essential oils evenly.
2. Store in a tight-lidded container. Apply liberally to chafed or overheated skin. (When applying, slide the powder puff, rather than shaking it, to avoid creating a cloud of powder, especially when using on children.)
3. For a variation, try a total of 10 drops of any other essential oils that you enjoy.
Click here for the main article, Skin That Loves Summer.
Mindy Green is an herbalist, aromatherapist, educator, and writer. She is also an esthetician, a consultant to the natural products industry, and director of education at the Herb Research Foundation in Boulder, Colorado. She is the author of Natural Perfumes (Interweave Press, 1999) and co-author of Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art (The Crossing Press, 1995).
5 Tips for Creating the Perfect Fall Skincare Routine
Nestled between summer and winter, the autumn weather represents a happy medium between the two seasons which provides a subtle indication of what is needed for your skin during the fall months. It is imperative for the skin to be properly hydrated and receive adequate sun protection during the fall season.
Natural Hair Care Tips for All Hair Types and Textures
There are many different hair types, textures and requirements, there are tips and tricks that all hair types and textures can benefit from. Here are a few tips and tricks that can work for all hair types.
How to Boost your Skin’s Brightness with Vitamin C
Vitamin C can be highly effective for helping to even and tone the skin, diminish the look of age, sun and dark spots and help to give skin an overall healthy, youthful glow.