Frankincense Anti-wrinkle Cream
This luxurious moisturizer helps soothe skin, reduce blemishes and minimize the appearance of wrinkles. Unlike most of the anti-aging creams on the market, this one does not contain petrochemical-based products or chemical preservatives, making it a real treat for your skin. Keep in mind that because it is free of preservatives, it doesn’t last as long as chemical-laced commercial products, so you’ll want to use it within a month or keep it for up to three months in the refrigerator. You may want to use an old blender for this recipe, as the beeswax can leave a film that is difficult to completely remove.
• 3/4 cup sweet almond, apricot kernel or fractionated coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons shaved beeswax
• 30 drops frankincense essential oil
• 1 cup filtered water
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, stir almond, apricot or coconut oil and beeswax together just until beeswax dissolves. Do not allow oil to become hot. Immediately remove saucepan from heat and add frankincense essential oil.
2. Pour water into blender, cover and begin blending it on high speed. With blender running, slowly pour the beeswax-oil mixture through hole in blender lid. The mixture will begin to thicken after about three-quarters of the beeswax has been incorporated.
3. Once all the beeswax has been blended, immediately pour cream into a 16-ounce glass jar or two 8-ounce glass jars. Use a spatula to remove any remaining cream from blender. Makes about 1- 3/4 cups.
For more information on frankincense visit:
The Benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil
Adapted with permission from Be Your Own Herbalist by Michelle Schoffro Cook, Ph.D., DNM.
Gramma’s Homemade Foot Butter
This easy-to-make concoction is great for soothing cracked, dry feet and a host of other problems with just a few natural ingredients.
Homemade Pine Cleaner Recipe
Make your floors and your furniture shine with this simple recipe using a base of pine needles and yucca soap.
Homemade Counter Wipes Recipe
Avoid harmful chemical cleaners in your kitchen by making this nontoxic cleaning solution to wipe down your counters after a day of cooking.