This warming Lemon-Ginger-Ginseng tea is perfect for winter nights.
Ginseng has many anti-aging benefits, from improving heart health to increasing endurance, relieving fatigue and enhancing immunity.
This warming tea is perfect for winter nights.
• 1 cup dried ginger root
• 1/2 cup dried eleuthero root
• 1/4 cup dried American ginseng root, broken into small pieces
• 1/4 cup dried lemon peel
• Honey, to taste
1. Mix all herbs together in a bowl until well combined.
2. Simmer 1/4 cup of mixture per quart of water in a covered pan for 15 minutes, but do not boil.
3. Strain herbs and add honey to taste.
Lemon-Ginger-Ginseng Tea recipe courtesy Erin McIntosh of Mountain Rose Herbs.
For more on the anti-aging health benefits of ginseng, read the original article, Naturally Young: Anti-Aging Foods and Herbs.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE