- 1 sweet potato, unpeeled, sliced into 1 1/2 cm (1/2 in) rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 195 g (6 3/4 oz) cooked Puy lentils (110 g/3 3/4 oz)
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) pumpkin seeds, dry-roasted and salted
- Small handful of flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and roughly chopped salt
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF/Gas 6).
- Place the sweet potato rounds in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking tray (sheet) and season with a generous pinch of salt.
- Roast for 30 minutes until browned on the bottom.
- Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the topping among the sweet potato rounds.
Recipes excerpted with permission from Vegetarian Party Food by Jessica Oldfield, published by Hardie Grant Books September 2018, RRP $19.99 paperback.
If you are looking for exciting vegetarian appetizers, check out Vegetarian Party Food (Hardie Grant Books, 2018) by Jessica Oldfield. Inside you will find recipes ranging from unique dips to mini-sandwiches all including vibrant veggies. This recipe can be found in chapter 5, “Vegan.”