- 1 cup raw, unsalted Brazil nuts
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 probiotic capsules or
- 1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- In a medium-sized bowl with a lid, combine Brazil nuts, cashews, and water. Add contents of probiotic capsules, and mix. Discard empty capsule shells. Allow to culture for 24 to 48 hours. I prefer the longer fermentation time to develop a stronger flavor.
- Pour entire mixture into a blender. Add coconut oil, sea salt, and water. Blend until smooth. Pour into a cheesecloth-lined mold of your choice. Cover and refrigerate until set, a minimum of 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove cheese from mold and unwrap from cheesecloth. Serve. Keeps in refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 weeks.
This delightful, slightly sweet, slightly savory cheese has the rich, distinct flavor of Brazil nuts, along with a slightly crumbly texture. I love it crumbled atop a mixed green salad with pomegranate arils or sliced green apple. It also tastes wonderful spread on apple slices or crackers. Brazil nuts are an excellent source of zinc, which is imperative to a strong immune system and a healthy prostate, and even helps to fight cancer. Getting your daily requirement for zinc never tasted so good.
Yield: Approximately 3 cups.