Although it probably won’t grant immortality, you can still enjoy these mushrooms blended into a chocolate latte for a treat that’s both healthy and sweet.
• 2 cups almond milk
• 1/2 teaspoon reishi powder
• 2 teaspoon raw cacao powder
• Pinch sea salt
• Pinch cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon coconut butter
• 1 to 2 teaspoons of your favorite sweetener (to taste)
1. In a small pot, gently heat almond milk until simmering.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients in the blender, add warm almond milk, and blend until frothy.
3. If you don’t want to use the blender, add all of the ingredients to your pot of warmed almond milk and whisk until combined.
4. Enjoy immediately.
Learn more about reishi mushrooms in Reishi: An Ancient Medicinal Mushroom.
Adapted with permission from Nirvana Cakery by Hana Mendes.