Glow by Nadia Neumann (Page Street Publishing, 2017) helps you get healthy and gorgeous skin by adjusting your diet and skincare routine. This recipe for Curried Avocado Chicken Salad will please your palate and your skin.
This twist on classic chicken salad has a little something to delight all your taste buds. It’s sweet, savory and very satisfying. Best yet, it’s jam-packed with glow-getting nutrients.
Avocado, chicken and pecans provide the skin with cell-building protein and fat, which also keep us feeling full and prevent an inflammatory insulin spike. Avocados are also loaded with cleansing fiber to aid the body’s natural detox process and free radical–fighting antioxidants. The spices, grapes and celery not only add amazing flavor, but they also bring potent antioxidant power.
• 1 avocado
• 2 teapoons curry powder
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 pound pasture-raised chicken, cooked and shredded or cubed
• 10 grapes, quartered
• 1/4 cup pecans, crushed
• 1 rib celery, diced
• 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado.
2. Add the curry powder and salt to the avocado, and stir to combine.
3. Add the chicken, grapes, pecans, celery and parsley to the avocado mixture, and stir everything together until you have a consistent mixture.
4. Serve alone, on a bed of greens, in lettuce wraps or on top of cucumber slices.
More From Glow:
Reprinted with permission from Glow by Nadia Neumann and published by Page Street Publishing © 2017.