This no-fuss salad is so versatile that it can incorporate many of summer’s finest herbs and vegetables. Use whatever’s in season, fresh and inspiring from farmers’ markets or your own garden. SERVES 4
• 2 cups fresh coarsely chopped vegetables, such as tomatoes, tomatillos, red onion, green onion, carrots, jicama, fresh corn kernels, bell peppers
• 1 cup low-fat feta, cut into small cubes
• 1 cup fresh herbs, such as minced garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme, basil, oregano, lemon balm, marjoram, cilantro, dill and chives
• 1?4 teaspoon minced jalapeño (optional)
1. Toss all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add 2 to 4 tablespoons Tangerine Tango Dressing or 1 tablespoon high-quality oil and 1 teaspoon vinegar, to taste. Toss again and chill.
A healthy-living writer and photographer, Letitia L. Star has written more than 1,000 published articles, including many features on healthy eating and gardening.
Click here for the main article, How to Get Stronger Bones with Herbal Foods.