Serves 6 to 8
Use a mint with a clean, fresh flavor for this. I like spearmint or lemon mint. Choose a mixture of apples–some tart, some sweet. I prefer Pink Lady, Jonathan, Granny Smith or Arkansas Black apples.
• 8 cups apples, coarsely diced
• 2 cups English walnut halves, toasted
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
• 1 cup mint leaves, loosely packed and torn
• 1 tablespoon honey
1. Mix together apples, lemon juice, mint leaves and walnuts.
2. In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise and honey, then pour over apple mixture and toss.
3. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then remove. Serve at room temperature. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Contributing editor Jim Long lives and gardens in the Ozark Mountains.
Click here for the original article, Many Mints: Recipes and Growing Tips for Mint.