Lunch on the run: that’s Shrimp Salad with Lemon Balm and Fennel on the bottom, and Garlic Ricotta and Proscuitto Stuffed Pita on top.
Butterflied shrimp marinated and grilled briefly are delicious in this portable salad.
• 6 ounces shimp, cooked and peeled
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon chopped lemon balm
• 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fennel bulb
• 1 tablespoon snipped chives
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• 2 pitas
• 2 large leaves red leaf lettuce
1. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the lemon juice. In a small bowl, mash the lemon balm into the oil and then transfer to the larger bowl. Add the fennel and chives and stir well to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Line the pita pockets with lettuce and fill with the shrimp mixture.
Click here for the main article, Homemade Pita Recipes .
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE