Butterflied shrimp marinated and grilled briefly are delicious in this portable salad.
• 6 ounces shimp, cooked and peeled
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon chopped lemon balm
• 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fennel bulb
• 1 tablespoon snipped chives
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• 2 pitas
• 2 large leaves red leaf lettuce
1. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the lemon juice. In a small bowl, mash the lemon balm into the oil and then transfer to the larger bowl. Add the fennel and chives and stir well to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Line the pita pockets with lettuce and fill with the shrimp mixture.
Click here for the main article, Homemade Pita Recipes .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE