You can check out the Lemon Verbena Lady at her blog http://lemonverbenalady.blogspot.com.
The Herbal Husband's favorite dessert is cheesecake—good old New York-style cheesecake. So when I was recently leafing through stacks of recipe clippings, I was excited to find a recipe for miniature, herb-infused cheesecakes. They make a terrific appetizer or snack during the holidays.
Mini chive and parsley cheesecakes make great appetizers and snacks.
Photo by Nancy Heraud
Mini Herb Cheesecakes
These easy-to-make cheesecakes were pulled from a column, Marilyn's Favorites, published on December 8, 1988 and written by Marilyn McDevitt Rubin. It's about time I made them! I think either cracker was fine. The Herbal Husband and I both liked the Melba Snacks the best, especially since the roasted garlic added a extra layer of flavor. Hopefully, you can have fun making these over the holidays. MAKES 12 SERVINGS
• 12 pumpernickel crackers (I could not find pumpernickel crackers; I used Ritz crackers or Old Town Melba Snacks-Roasted Garlic Flavor.)
• Two (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (Light is OK.)
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup sour cream (Light is OK.)
• 2 tablespoons chives
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Dash of pepper
• Red and green pepper strips, chopped chives, chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Place crackers flat side down on the bottom of 12 foil- or paper-lined baking cups in a muffin tin.
2. Combine cream cheese and flour, mixing at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
3. Add egg and sour cream; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Pour mixture into baking cups, filling each cup almost full.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool before removing from pan.
6. Chill. Garnish with red and green pepper strips, chopped chives or parsley, if desired.
The Herbal Husband and I wish you a very happy holiday and I will talk to you again in the New Year!
If you have herb questions, please feel free to leave me a comment or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Talk to you soon.