Spread this mild and sweet Gorgonzola-Chive Butter on beef or use it as a rich sauce for gnocchi. This Gorgonzola-Chive Butter recipe is excerpted from Flavored Butters (The Harvard Common Press, 2013), a guide that features sweet and savory butter recipes as well as techniques for making delicious homemade flavored butters.
Gorgonzola-Chive Butter Recipe
I use Gorgonzola dolce—which is a mild, sweet variety of blue cheese—in this recipe, because it’s creamy and blends almost, but not completely, into the butter. However, any type of blue cheese will do.
Top a grilled or seared steak with a generous pat of this butter for a meal worthy of the best steak house. Blue cheese lovers will also enjoy this butter stuffed inside hamburger patties or as a sauce for gnocchi.
• 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
• 4 ounces Gorgonzola dolce, crumbled (about 2/3 cup lightly packed)
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
• 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
1. Blend together the butter, Gorgonzola, chives and salt in a medium-size bowl.
2. Form into a log and refrigerate until firm before slicing and serving, or use another shaping method (see 3 Delectable Compound Butter Recipes). Gorgonzola-Chive Butter serves 8.
More Compound Butter Recipes
• Radish Butter recipe
• Whipped Vanilla Butter recipe
For more from Flavored Butters, check out the article 3 Delectable Compound Butter Recipes.
“Gorgonzola-Chive Butter Recipe” has been reprinted with permission from Flavored Butters: How to Make Them, Shape Them and Use Them as Spreads, Toppings and Sauces by Lucy Vaserfirer and published by The Harvard Common Press, 2013.