Makes 12 bars
For this delectable recipe, use a lemon-scented mint such as ‘Lemon Bergamot’ or ‘Hillary’s Sweet Lemon’, not the bee balm called lemon mint, Monarda citriodora.
- ½ pound (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup minced fresh lemon mint leaves
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh lemon mint leaves
- 1 thirteen-ounce jar top-quality raspberry jam
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Cream the crust ingredients together and press into a 9-by-13-inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- While the crust is baking, combine the filling ingredients and mix well. Pour over the baked crust and place 12 spoonfuls of jam over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cool and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into 12 squares.
Terri Pischoff Wuerthner is a food and travel writer based in Sonoma County, California, who specializes in the culinary life and products of the wine country.
Click here for more great recipes with mint from the original article, Recipes Worth a Mint.