They can make a nice snack or tasty appetizer. Makes 4 tortillas; 80 calories per tortilla, 1 gram fat, 12 percent of calories from fat
• 4 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch diameter)
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 cup finely minced fresh parsley
• Freshly grated Parmesan or soy Parmesan
1. Heat a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. (If the pan’s not well-seasoned, paint on a little olive oil.)
2. Meanwhile, spread the tortillas evenly with the Dijon. Sprinkle on the parsley, then fold each tortilla in half.
3. Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium and set two tortillas in the pan. Let them heat until lightly browned on the bottom (about 21/2 minutes), then flip and brown the other side. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
4. To serve, slice into wedges, sprinkle with Parmesan, and enjoy.
Click here for the original article,
Recipes With Parsley: Prepare A Parsley Buffet
Judith Benn Hurley has written for Ladies’ Home Journal and Prevention, where she was food editor for five years.