Serves 6 to 8
To use as a delicate sauce for summer vegetables, thin with 1 to 2 additional tablespoons lemon juice.
• 1 cup olive oil
• 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled and crushed
• 2 fresh lavender sprigs (leaves and flowers) bruised
• 3 eggs
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a small saucepan, gently heat the oil with the garlic and lavender over low heat for about 15 minutes.
2. Remove from heat just before oil starts to bubble. Allow to cool to room temperature.
3. With a sieve over a small bowl, strain the lavender oil, pressing with a spoon to extract soft solids from the garlic and lavender. Discard herbs.
4. In a food processor or blender, process the eggs and lemon juice until well blended. With the motor running, add the lavender oil a few drops at a time, then in a thin, steady stream until all the oil is absorbed and the mixture has thickened.
5. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
6. Refrigerate for up to 2 days or use immediately. Aioli thickens on chilling.
Reprinted with permission from The Healing Herbs Cookbook (Robert Rose Pub., 1999) by Pat Crocker.
Click here for the original article,
8 Lovely Lavender Recipes