- 6 tomatoes, or 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 4 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion, green parts only
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup plain kombucha
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Hot sauce
- Combine tomatoes, green pepper, red pepper, celery, green onion and cilantro in a juicer and juice.
- Mix the vegetable juice with the kombucha in a pitcher. Add the salt and hot sauce. Serve and enjoy! Serves 2.
Mix It: Add a shot of vodka for an excellent Bloody Mary. Serve on the rocks and garnish with a celery stem.
More Recipes from Kombucha Revolution• Kombucha Vinaigrette Recipe • Pomegranate Kombucha Recipe
Reprinted with permission from Kombucha Revolution by Stephen Lee, copyright (c) 2014. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Random House LLC. Buy this book from our store: Kombucha Revolution.
Demystify kombucha home-brewing with Kombucha Revolution (Ten Speed Press, 2014) by Stephen Lee with Ken Koopman. In this excerpt, from chapter 2 “Juices and Smoothies”, Lee and Koopman offer instructions for an easy-to-follow Veggie Delight recipe, a savory blend of tomato and kombucha.
You can purchase this book from the Mother Earth Living store: Kombucha Revolution.
This savory tomato blend is complemented well by the sweet tartness of kombucha. Sprinkle a dash of hot sauce to give a bit of a spicy kick.