- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Pinch cayenne
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, parsley, garlic, green onion and quinoa.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and cayenne. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Store salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The flavors will mingle, making the salad taste even better.
Learn more about easy-to-grow, versatile parsley in How to Grow, Harvest and Use Parsley.
Adapted with permission from The Ultimate pH Solution, by Michelle Schoffro Cook.
Popular in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries, tabbouleh is traditionally made with wheat bulgur, but it gets an easy gluten-free twist and nutrition boost thanks to the delicious seed quinoa. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare, but the flavors deepen after it sits in the refrigerator for an hour or two, or even overnight.