- 3⁄4 to 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cool water
- 1 15 ounce can of regular coconut milk (don’t use “lite”)
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- Splash vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons (or more) dark or spiced rum
- Dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Place the cashews in medium bowl. Cover completely with boiling water and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse cashews, then place the cashews with 2 cups cool water in a high-speed blender, such as VitaMix. Blend on high for 3 or so minutes or until very well blended and smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender and blend on high again for another 3 minutes or until the dates are completely blended.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator. Will keep up to 2 days.
More Recipes from The Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookbook• Pumpkin-Coconut Bisque Recipe • Spicy Apple Cheesecake Recipe
Reprinted with permission from The Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookbook © 2014 by Stephanie Pedersen, Sterling Publishing Co.
Create dish after dish of fall flavor with The Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for Sweets, Treats, and Other Autumnal Delights (Sterling, 2014). Author Stephanie Pedersen offers everything from homey baked goods to savory dinners, all fragrant with pumpkin pie spice. The following recipe from “Cocktails and Beverages” is for vegan eggnog.
This rich, creamy drink is so much healthier than traditional eggnog, and it’s so delicious you just may end up drinking all four servings yourself. Feel free to increase the spices if you’d like. Use 3/4 cup of cashews if you like your nog on the thin side. Use 1 cup if you like things thicker.”