Photo by iStock
Rosemary Chicken Salad Sandwiches make a great low-effort dinner. The chicken salad also tastes great over a bed of greens.
- 1-1⁄2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (to toast, bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes, then cool)
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery (prepped Saturday)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise or aioli
- Leaves of 1 to 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Leaves of 4 parsley stems, finely chopped (save stems for stock)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- Mix all ingredients and make sandwiches with whole-grain bread. Find more recipes and tips for successful meal planning in Cook Once, Eat All Week.
Leftover roasted chicken can become a delicious and simple chicken salad.
Planning Note: If you have 10 minutes to make homemade mayonnaise, it’ll take your chicken salad over the top: Coconut Oil Mayo.