- 1 cup Mexican Bulgogi Marinade
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Prepare the Mexican Bulgogi Marinade at least 1 day in advance, and refrigerate it until it is ready for use.
- Prep the chicken at least 4 to 8 hours before you are ready to begin grilling. Rinse and pat the drumsticks dry. Place them in a resealable bag and pour the marinade into the bag.
- Press any air out of the bag and seal it. Thoroughly massage the chicken to incorporate the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken for 4 to 8 hours in the refrigerator. (Two hours of marinating imparts a slight hint of flavor, but 10 hours is too much.)
- After 4 to 8 hours, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature.
- Bring the grill to medium heat.
- Grill the drumsticks for 30 minutes, rotating them often.
- To serve, fold a napkin in half diagonally, and it wrap tightly around the base of each drumstick.
For more from "Grill Fire" visit: Blackberry Bourbon Recipe
Excerpted from Grill Fire 100+ Recipes & Techniques for Mastering the Flame ©2017 by Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
Grill Fire (Sterling Epicure, 2017) offers more than just a collection of recipes: Taylor teaches essential grilling skills and tricks for transforming your backyard grill into a Brazilian churrascaria, making your own chicken wing racks, and feeding the hungry hordes. Along with tasty variations on the burger and dog, his delicious, globally influenced dishes range from Japanese kobe slices served with umami tare sauces to Mexican rotisserie chicken, crème brûléed pork chops, Cameroonian Snapper, and the perfect porterhouse. So light up the fire . . . and start cooking!
These drumsticks conjure up memories of a sunny day with my family, kids scrambling around, and my friends and their kids all doing what people need and love to do: eating and being social. As the grill master, I love the responsibility of transforming inedible chunks of flesh into succulent gold and doling it out. I picture Bill Murray in What About Bob?, devouring Fay’s chicken and moaning with delight. Few other experiences in life are this rewarding and awesome! This recipe is party favorite Numero Uno. It never fails. If Metallica’s Ride the Lightning were a drumstick, this would be it.