- 2 quarts water
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar (optional)
- Bring water to a simmer in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Drain potatoes, place back in pan and return to low heat.
- Mix yogurt and olive oil until completely blended.
- Mash potatoes, adding yogurt mixture and mashing until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. If desired, mix in honey to taste. Serve warm. Serves 4.
Try these 12 Tips to Fight Fatigue and stay feeling energetic, naturally.
Adapted with permission from 500 Time-Tested Home Remedies and the Science Behind Them by Linda B. White, M.D., Barbara H. Seeber and Barbara Brownell Grogan (Fair Winds Press, 2014).
When our systems get low in major nutrients such as potassium, we feel the depletion as fatigue. Give your system an energy boost with potassium-rich veggies and fruits. Sweet potatoes, avocados, baked potatoes with their skin, edamame and papayas all offer up to a whopping 1,000 mg per serving out of the recommended daily 4,700 mg.