Photo by iStock
Kale is king in this Hearty Kale Salad Recipe.
2 to 4 servings SERVINGS
- 1 large bunch green kale, washed, dried, stems removed
- 1-1/2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, white and light green parts only
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 sheets nori, cut into thin strips
- Tear kale by hand into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash 1 avocado with miso paste, scallions and vinegar into a chunky guacamole-like mixture. Add to bowl with kale.
- Using clean hands, massage avocado mixture into kale, squeezing and tossing leaves, about 2 minutes.
- Chop remaining half of avocado into chunks and scatter over the salad. Sprinkle nori in bowl and toss thoroughly.
Check out affordable superfoods and recipes: Read 10 Superfoods You Can Afford.
Adapted with permission from Superfood Kitchen, available in the Mother Earth Living store.
Ranking at the very top of the nutrient density charts, there’s a reason eating kale feels so good. Here all-star kale is combined with mineral-rich nori and skin-healthy fats from avocado.