- 8 cups chopped spinach or kale
- 2 cups chopped celery (about 2 1/2 stalks) or cucumber (about 1/2 of one)
- 1/2 a large or 1 small lemon (cut off peel before you put it through the juicer)
- 1 small apple or liquid stevia, to taste
- Run all ingredients through a juicer, putting one piece of produce at a time through the mouth of the juicer. The juice will pour into a container, which you can then pour into a glass to drink (the fiber will be dumped into another container that can then be discarded). With juice, the order in which you add the produce doesn’t matter. Makes 16 ounces.
More from The Beauty Detox Foods• 6 Beauty Foods for Clear Skin
• Ginger-Caraway Probiotic and Enzyme Salad Recipe
This excerpt is reprinted with permission from The Beauty Detox Foods by Kimberly Snyder, copyright (c) 2013, published by Harlequin. It may not be reproduced for any other use without permission. Buy this book from our store: The Beauty Detox Foods.
Get a glowing complexion and thick, shiny hair from just the foods you eat. In The Beauty Detox Foods (Harlequin, 2013), clinical nutritionist Kimberly Snyder offers beauty tips, tricks and recipes. In this excerpt, from chapter 10 “Beauty Smoothies and Energy Boosters,” Snyder offers instructions for a simple Glowing Green Juice recipe, rich in vitamin C and other vital nutrients.
You can purchase this book from the Mother Earth Living store: The Beauty Detox Foods.
Juicing is a different way of processing produce from blending, and the Glowing Green Juice should not be stored. Drink this juice within 15 to 25 minutes of making it to ensure the full preservation of its enzymes (unless you have a cold-pressed juicer). Over time, you can increase the recipe and work up to 24 ounces or more of Glowing Green Juice each day. I encourage you to mix and match your greens and produce, as you do with the Glowing Green Smoothie.